July 27, 2020

Sometimes It IS the little things

There comes a point in time where quarantine makes you crazy.

Now, being generally introverted and a loner helps, and I actually like spending time with The husband who is also generally introverted and a loner so it's all good, right?

BUT.

We can only sit and stare at these four walls for so long. The walls are great, but remember, I started my own quarantine when last flu season started. October-ish?

That is a really long time to be stuck in the house.

So, this morning, I woke up like a light switch went off in my head. Back in the before, The Husband and I were avid campers. I can't exactly go camping in my current condition, but we sure as hell could string up our hammocks by the lake and just enjoy a morning of social distancing and changing the scenery.

So I put The Husband to work stringing up both of our hammocks. I usually do my own, but he very kindly took care of it so that I could save some energy. (He's so nice to me!)

With the exception of occasional walks, I've spent almost no time outside, which is tough because we used to camp and hike just about every summer, just to be outside. I don't like bugs crawling on me, but I really like being outside.

I digress.

So this is a lake near where we live.



And these are my feet in the hammock next to the lake near where we live. Beautiful view and very quiet and relaxing. I brought a notebook with every intention of writing a letter, or a poem, or maybe a story or something.


Instead, my feet stayed right there and I dozed off for a while. I woke up when my belly started grumbling, so we cleared up, grabbed lunch, and went home. All in all, I'd argue it was one of the best quarantine days we've had in a while.

3 comments:

  1. Being out by the water is so calming. The lake is definitely a happy place. AND it's kinda hard to be anything but relaxed in a hammock. Sounds like a nice little adventure

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so wonderful and relaxing. Water and a hammock? Mmm mmm. After all the good news, bad news, the newscasters are ending it here with "a moment of calm", and they show running water, still water, waterfalls. I wait for that moment every time. Best part of the news. I am glad you both enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete