January 12, 2020

New Series: Fave Quote of the Book

So.

I have an idea:
I don't know if it's a good idea, but I don't care, I'm gonna do it anyway.

I've been reading pretty voraciously for my entire life. This diagnosis has slowed down my reading speed, but not my appetite. I am currently simul-reading two books (one fiction, one non-fiction). As soon as I finish one of them, I'll start on the next. I can simul-read up to three books at a time, but they have to be in different genres, otherwise my brains hurt.

Anyway, I'm telling you all of this for a reason. I have really enjoyed blogging about the books I've been reading, but the reality is that I'm reading them much faster than I am blogging about them. The two that are currently in action (The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly and The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell and Bill Moyers) will be completed as usual, with updates every couple of days for both of the books. I estimate I have just over a week's worth of posts scheduled and ready to post before I finish with these two books.

In the meantime, because I am reading faster than I am writing (more accurately, I am spending more time reading than I do writing), I want to introduce a new series of posts. Instead of full and in-depth book reviews and discussions, I will choose my favorite single quote from a book and talk about why it is my favorite. I don't know yet if there will be a theme, but at the very least I will provide title and author, image of the book cover, and link to Amazon.

So yeah, things are going to change a little around here. The frequency of posts may decrease. I will still update about my diagnosis when I feel it is appropriate, but if there is no update, it is pretty safe to assume that no news is good news.

So, book lovers and bibliophiles alike, strap in, put on your helmets, and brace yourselves: we are in for an interesting ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment