January 17, 2020

Let's talk tea!

I used to hate tea. I thought it tasted like nothing more than dirt water. There was a time where I would rather die of thirst than drink nasty old tea. It was gross!

I was a coffee girl. I like my coffee like I like my men: strong and sweet! Cappuccino, macchiato, hot, cold, frappe, latte, any and all of the above.
Seriously, look at this sexy beast!
The thing about coffee is that these days my stomach can only handle one at a time. Since The Husband is at work, it is hardly worth it to make a pot of which I will only drink one. Also, I'm lazy.

Keurig and those types of systems are not for me. They are wasteful (all those pods) and they are not worth the price per cup. Also, the coffee just isn't very good. Yes, I am a coffee snob. I like Starbucks*. I think Dunkin burns their beans; their coffee is bitter in an unpleasant way. QT is good (and affordable)**.

Anyway. I digress.

So. Tea. Dirt water.

A few weeks ago, whatever week it was that we had winter for like four days here in South Carolina before summer came back with 60-70 degree weather, I decided that I was going to find a tea and I was going to like it.

The Husband (look at that face up there 😍) indulged my nonsense, and we went to the grocery store to buy a couple of boxes of tea. Keep in mind, we bought two boxes of tea even though I didn't (at that time) like tea.

Well, evidently, I made some good choices for once. It took a little trial and error, and the advice of a friend and feedback from a sister to refine my tea-making skills, but I am happy to report that I have somehow, in less (fewer?) than a couple of weeks, learned to love tea!
And this AWESOME mug was a gift from The Husband!

Turns out vanilla chai is delicious, and inspiring. Some of my best writing lately has been on vanilla chai.

Chamomile is amazing. Having something warm to drink before bed helps get me into the right cozy sleepy mood.

* This should be read as: I like to sit and just hang out at Starbucks while drinking their decent coffee.
** But not the best place to hang out...

3 comments: