January 6, 2020

HOCKEY!!

So, on Saturday night, The Husband and I were lounging around and poking about on Groupon. As a result of this stupid diagnosis, we have not done very much in the past several months, and it used to be that we could pretty regularly find something fun/interesting/unusual to do.

So I found on Groupon a deal for tickets to the Greenville Swamp Rabbits game yesterday. We had no other pressing plans for Sunday, so we went ahead and bought tickets to the game.

Now, I don't know what a swamp rabbit is. I looked it up, and they look like this:

Kinda cute, I guess?
Before I continue, I have to tell you that I LOVE hockey. I grew up watching the Hartford Whalers, and I've never found a team that I love as much as I loved the Whalers. When they ceased to exist, I continued to love hockey, but merely for the sake of the game. We went to the Swamp Rabbits game yesterday afternoon. Honestly, these days when I get a chance to see a hockey game, I'm excited, but I really don't care who wins. I am the screaming fan who cheers for whoever and boos the opposing team, but it doesn't really matter to me who wins. When it comes to hockey, I'm just there for a good time: pretzels, cotton candy, whooping and hollering like a fool. But still, when the Swamp Rabbits scored a tying goal with 4.2 seconds left in the 3rd period, I screamed so hard I might actually have left my tonsils behind! Unfortunately, they didn't pull it through in overtime, losing to the Florida Everblades* 5-4.

Go Swamp Rabbits!
Incidentally, in looking up info about the Hartford Whalers, it turns out that they are now the Carolina Hurricanes. It looks like I have a new team to be partial to!

Ok, so hockey.

I love hockey, but more importantly, I love The Husband for agreeing at the very last minute to take me to some random-ass hockey game for a team we had never heard of and a creature that was a mystery to us. We got surprisingly good seats, and as an experienced hockey spectator who also gets cold really easily because of the giant hairless spot on my head, I knew that I had to bundle up and wear layers.

I love that guy!
There we are having a grand old time cheering on the ridiculous Swamp Rabbits. Seriously, it's the most (good) excitement I've had all year!** We had such a good time at the game, and I cheered so hard that today I'm alternating hot tea and ice-cold water to soothe my poor throat.

As soon as the game was over and we were sitting in the car waiting to get out of the parking garage, we went back on Groupon and got tickets for another game soon!

The Husband really is the best.
Cheers to a life more extraordinary!

*What a stupid name. #SorryNotSorry
**I'm sorry, I had to crack the joke while the year is still young!

No comments:

Post a Comment