August 18, 2020

Speak it into reality

Life is too short to forget about goals and the future, right? In these days of the coronapocalypse, it is a little difficult to plan for the future. Do I want to spend a week in the mountains locked away in a cabin in September?

Yes.

Do I want to take an Alaskan cruise in January? 

Yes.

Do I want to go back to Italy next March?

Of course I do. 

But the thing is, the coronapocalypse has ruined any way to plan for the future. When will this pandemic end?

 

So I can't really make plans for after the pandemic, because when will that be?

But I noticed on the Twitterverse that there were some people who were speaking their future into reality. For example, someone (I don't remember who) tweeted that in 3 months they would run a 5k (or something). And then they made it happen!

So, speaking the future into reality. By the end of 2020, I will complete my second 5k. (My first one was pre-cancer, and I ran/jogged the entire thing stopping to walk, in a respectable 32-ish minutes.)

Now, considering the cane, the cancer, and the likely continuing pandemic, I have no delusions of running a 5k in that kind of time; however, even if I have to walk or crawl or use crutches, I will complete a 5k by the end of the year.

And speaking more of the future into reality: is that by the end of the year I will get my writing published. Well, guess what.

I got a second piece published: Schrodinger's Cancer Patient.

I am extremely proud of this piece. And! I am that much closer to meeting my goals!

1 comment: