June 15, 2020

Physical therapy

Some of you may be wondering why I'm suddenly complaining about physical therapy, so I want to tell you a story.

Just about a month ago, while hanging out with my baby sunflowers in the garden, I leaned over the makeshift fence The Husband made to protect those baby sunflowers. I was so proud of those little babies, they were so cute. All of a sudden, my balance went funny, and even though I had a hand on the fence, I sloooooow motion tumbled, knocking over the fence and somehow pirouetting so I landed on my rear instead of my head. I knew I was falling, I said, "Oh noooo I'm falling," and The Husband grabbed for me but gravity had already taken over at that point.

I ended up on my rear sitting on some poor baby sunflowers, embarrassed and feeling stupid, with what we thought was nothing more than a bruised ego.

Well, that's what we thought. Within a few hours, The Husband noticed that my coordination was off. I was bumping into things. Losing my balance. I didn't think it was that bad, but he was worried about it.

Incidentally, when you have brain cancer and go to the oncologist's office, they will ALWAYS ask you, "Have you had any recent falls?"

So, when The Husband saw that I was physically affected almost immediately after what I thought was a tiny little embarrassing nothing tumble, we decided to call the doc rather than waiting weeks for my next follow up. They had me in an MRI by that Monday to see what was going on in there. They found a couple of things: I had some brain swelling (which appears to have been helped by the additional prescription medicine they added to my ever-growing stack of pills I take every day) and there was a tumor that was not responding as they would have preferred to the chemo regimen I was on at the time.

Time to change to IV chemo, put in a port, and try something new again. So, I'm only a couple weeks into the new chemo regimen -  too early to tell what's happening in there.

But, the lasting result of the fall jiggling and rattling my tumor has left me with occasional weakness, loss of balance, and other unpleasantness.

I've had to start using a cane for safety, because I truly never know what days will be good and unremarkable, and other days I can barely support my own self on my left leg. When I noticed that the weakness and loss of balance (normal for the location of the tumor) were starting to affect me more and more, I asked for a physical therapy referral, which I just recently started. Now, I was the one that asked for it, because I knew that I needed it, but fun fact: physical therapy is not actually fun. My physical therapist is very kind and very patient with me so far, but physical therapy is much harder than I thought it would be. I have a long road ahead of me to recover the balance and strength that I lost in that one stupid little fall.

So there you have it: I use a cane now. My sunflowers survived my squishing them and are only a little bit shorter than their friends, and I'm doing physical therapy because if I don't, I'll only continue to feel the physical deficit caused by the fall.

Have we mentioned that cancer sucks?

3 comments:

  1. Upside to canes physically distancing just became a little bit more fun for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr James is truly an herbalist doctor who cured me of HIV, that I contacted last year February, I was so worried about the virus inside of me, when I went to the hospital and I was tested positive, I took different drugs and injection still I wasn't cured, until I came across someone who sheared a testimony on how she was cured of HIV from the doctor James herbal mix, I thought it was a lie, but I picked up interest and contacted Dr. James on his email, (drjamesherbalmix @ gmail.com) And told him my problem and he asked me some questions and I answered then he said I should not worry that he was going to help me, and cure my HIV. I was so happy. 2 days later he sent me the cure through DHL courier service, I started using the medicine morning and evening as he prescribed for me for 3 weeks, as I went for my monthly check-up I was tested HIV negative I was so happy and joy overwhelmed for being free from HIV.I 'm sharing this testimony because I know how hard it was for me to sleep and think everyday ab out being HIV positive I nearly got myself killed but This is great man Dr. James restored my health back. I know there are still people out here with HIV positive or any kind of diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Bechet's disease, Crohn's, Parkinson's disease, Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes , Cardiac disease, Creutzfeldt – Jakob disease, Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia, Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progress Sclerosis, Seizures, Alzheimer's Disease, Adrenocular Disease, Adrenocular Disease, Adrenocular Disease, Adrenocystic Disease Glaucoma., Cataracts, Macular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Lung disease.Ellarged prostate, Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Lupus.
    , Cushing's disease, Heart failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Lyme Disease, Blood Cancer, Brain Cancer, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Kidney Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory, Diabetes, Fibroids, Contact Dr. James on his email and get your diseases cured.drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com WhatsApp +2348152855846.

    ReplyDelete