May 27, 2020

11 month cancerversary

Well, here we are again. Another month of surviving cancer. Getting ever closer to the big one.

So, I still have cancer (duh). I get a lot of people sending prayers for miracles, positive vibes, so much hope that this incurable cancer will just fix itself. I really appreciate all of the positivity, but it is important to remember that positivity can become toxic, such that the patient is essentially blamed for not being positive enough, at which point, it becomes her fault that she is still without that miracle.

To be clear, I am not saying that I reject positivity, only that I take it with a realistic view of the science, and the primary treatment planning led by one of the best medical oncologists in the region. No Dr. Google. Please do not recommend drugs (legal or otherwise) or CBD oil. I will take the many drugs recommended by my oncological team. I will not try the MJ, because I just don't like it. If my primary oncologist prescribes MJ for me, I'll take it. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Anyway. after all this time, and all of these surgeries and adjusted treatment plans, I really appreciate all of the support, kindness and love that all of you keep pushing in my direction. For that, you truly are awesome friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment