February 26, 2020

Surprise! Surgery!

Well, I hate to surprise you like this, but this goat rodeo got dropped on us with very little notice.


So, as you read this, I am having my THIRD surgery in 8 months. Surprise!

I've had multiple scans, both MRI and CT, in the last couple of months, and what appeared to be a spot may actually be tumor. My Rockstar Neurosurgeon is cutting the thing out. Due to a series of unexpected scheduling obstacles, we did not have much notice about this surgery.

So, as of right now, all I know is that I'll be in recovery for a few days before I'm released from the hospital. I will update as much as I can, but please be patient. It will be a loooong day, and I will post an update as soon as I am able to. In the meantime, please be mindful that The Husband has to go through the stress of waiting for me to get put back together like Humpty Dumpty, so he will not be able to personally update every person who calls or texts.

Also, as it is still flu season, it is unlikely that I will take visitors. This includes in the hospital and once I am home, at least until the surgical wound is healed.

The Husband will be taking care of me, like he always does, because he is awesome.

I know that many of you will ask what you can do to help. Right now, because we haven't met our out of pocket max, this surgery will cost a few grand, I'm guessing. To put it bluntly, if you want to help, you can donate through my GoFundMe, CashApp, or a good old-fashioned check in the mail. I hate to put it like that, but we are still working on paying down the last three hospital stays.

Well, I've never been to a goat rodeo. This will be awesome. Right?


1 comment: