December 25, 2019

Dying fast vs. dying slow

Presumably, most of the people reading this are dying slow, in the sense that this is the way time passes: it is a reality of life.

There are some readers who think that I am dying fast, in the sense that they think I am actively in the process of wasting away in a sickly and frail bag of skin and bones.

I am not dying fast.

Yet.

Of course, at some point and for everyone, that changes, but I want people to know that for the time being, I am just like most of you. I am dying slow.

Because I'm still in the position that I am dying slow, life is actually pretty ordinary. I take my morning medications, I write, I eat breakfast, I play with my goofy dog and have extensive conversations with my cats.


I nap. I eat lunch. I write or read for a while. I hang out with The Husband when he gets home from work.

We have a remarkably ordinary routine going. Often, I miss the extraordinary that we were able to experience, but for now, uneventful is objectively a good thing.

I know that with a diagnosis like mine, my family and friends worry that I am dying fast.

Here is my Christmas gift for you: For the time being, you don't have to worry so much!

4 comments:

  1. Honey you you just gave me the greatest gift you could ever give me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas Melissa! Love to you both! Christmas dinner will be to you this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas. Love you all so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, glad things are relatively uneventful!

    ReplyDelete