October 30, 2019

Wake Forest Second Opinion

So last week, The Husband drove me to Wake Forest Something Something Cancer Center up in North Carolina to get a second opinion and find out if I'm a candidate for clinical trials.

The second opinion is that I do in fact have brain cancer, and the primary oncologist's plan is a good one. I responded so favorably to treatment that I'm not eligible for any trials, but I do need probably six more months of chemo with scans of my brains every however many weeks.

This is good news, right? 

The whole not being a candidate for trials is because right now my tumor is tiny. Tiny enough that there is not enough to measure and get good data for those clinical trials. Once it gets back to a certain size, then they can test whatever it is that they test to see how fast it makes it shrink, or if it makes it shrink at all.

So.

Good news, right? But it does mean six more months of waiting to find out if when the tumor will grow back.

I hate waiting!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, sending love! I appreciate all your updates. Glad to hear the good news! I am personally praying for you! Keep up the fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good news! And you have some more information.

    ReplyDelete