April 13, 2020

ImPORTant news

So, cancer update.

I still have cancer. Go figure.

Let's go in order:
  • first I had a headache
  • then it was a mass
  • then I had surgery #1
  • Diagnosis Day was the absolute worst
  • Then I started phase 1 of standard treatment, but there was a problem
I had an infection, and needed surgery #2 to clean it out.

Back to the list:
  • I started round 1 of chemo and radiation
  • I finished round 1 of chemo and radiation
  • I had a brain scan
  • I started round 2 of chemo, phase 2 of standard treatment
  • I had another brain scan
Chemo wasn't working, I needed surgery #3. Back to the list again:
  • I had another brain scan
  • My awesome oncologist decided I need to start phase 3 of standard treatment, which involves both chemo and a non-chemo medicine
  • The non-chemo medicine is an infusion, which means that I need a port, which means that tomorrow is surgery #4. 
That's it. I think? That's a lot. Anyway, don't be mad you just found out today, because I just found out today that I'm having that surgery tomorrow. I guess that gives me less time to freak out. Not too happy that The Husband will have to wait in the parking lot, but it's an outpatient procedure, so he'll bring me home tomorrow afternoon, and hopefully I'll be doped to the gills.

Cancer sucks.

3 comments:

  1. So that you know.......every fiber of my being is reserved for virtual hugs to you for the next 36 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The port makes all the meds much easier to administrator. No more pokes, as Billy would say. Stay strong. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you prayers for a complete recovery. Amen. 🦋💐

    ReplyDelete